Sunday, July 20, 2008

"My Drive Thru"

I'm sure by now everyone has heard the song featured in the new converse ads by Julian Casablancas, Santogold, and Pharrel Williams. The song is in part of their centennial anniversary that will feature several other odd, musical pairings. I absolutely love the song, although lyrically it feels like three different songs. I must say though that I was surprised when I heard J. Casablancas was in the campaign. I remember in the early days of the strokes they were being inundated with offers from fashion brands to appear in their ads but they declined. I don't know if it's the fact he actually wears converse that made him accept the offer or that he's lost all of his past punk principles. Well, let's be honest he lost those a long time ago. That was the time of "Is this it" and this is the time of semi-retirement and converse ads.



there's the full song.

No comments: