Monday, July 28, 2008

M.I.A.'s Clothing Line



Since M.I.A. announced that her performance at Bonnaroo would the last of her music career, we've been waiting for signs of her rumored fashion line. No doubt that her designs will be influenced by her own notorious street wear style, ridden with neon colors and eye-catching graphic designs. Posted on her website is a somewhat nonsensical video that features some of the clothes we can look forward too, announcing "webstore coming soon."


This isn't Maya Arulpragasam's first endeavor into fashion. She also posed for Marc by Marc Jabob's spring/summer 2008 campaign. Although she sported monochromatic menswear for Marc, her own line is sure to be a standout; she's been quoted saying "With my stuff, because everything's really bright, if you lose it or someone steals it, you can see if from miles away and you can be like, OY! Give me my shirt back."

Posted by Arielle

No comments: